Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Feb 21, 2021 at 7:02:51 AM MST, "Joel" wrote
:

Max Demian wrote:

Only the woman can make the decision about abortion, but she is free
to talk to the man about it before and after the child is conceived.

What if the man will be expected to pay to raise a child which may not
be his?

It may be the result of adultery, or rape, and the mother might want to
keep it and the man not. Why should the man not have a say in this?

If the alleged father has doubts, he can get a paternity test.

No he can't. He can't get a paternity test on an unborn child. And if he
can, he can't force his wife to abort.

Well, of course he can't force her to abort, but if the child isn't
his, he's under no obligation to support it. Personally, if my wife
were to bear a child conceived by rape, I would support whatever
decision she made with regard to giving the child up for adoption or
keeping it, but if it were the result of adultery, I'd probably want
to get a divorce, and let her and the other man deal with the child.
Different men would come to different conclusions in such
circumstances, and that's understandable, but when it comes to the
decision to have an abortion, I don't see how the man's opinion is
relevant unless the woman seeks it in making her decision.

I can see offering it even if she did not request it... but it is still her
body and not mine.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow