Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 02:00:18 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/20/2021 11:49 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 21:32:55 -0000, Snit wrote:

On Feb 19, 2021 at 2:00:50 PM MST, "Tim+" wrote
:

NY wrote:
Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for organ
donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead, you
don't
need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on paperwork? Why
murder
someone after your death who could have been saved by your body
parts? And
no I dont care if you have some crazy religion.

Organ donation should still be optional, but with two provisos:

- the assumption is that unless you are on record as saying no, it
should be
presumed that you agree to donate

- your next of kin has no right to countermand your wishes and
withhold
their permission even though you have said that you want to donate:
their
permission should not even be sought

Legally they have all the rights. Once youre dead (or brain dead)
you have
no rights.

Tim

I think even Republicans should have rights.

You're too soft. I can imagine someone coming at you with a knife, and
instead of shooting them, you'd try to reason with them.

I would try to reach their hearts and minds. Double tap to the heart and
one in the head for insurance. Can't be too careful with all the body
armor around these days.

That reminds me of a theif's slogan: Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch.