Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 18:15:39 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2021 02:06 AM, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 21/02/2021 01:57, rbowman wrote:
On 02/20/2021 11:45 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I went to school with one, the twit had a fight with a telegraph pole.
But he didn't reach 20. Well he probably reached 20mph, but not 20
years old :-)

When my ex called me on my birthday last year the conversation turned
to 'how did we get so old?' She's been a medical disaster all her
life and my involvement with booze, bikes, and hot cars back in the
day didn't make either of us likely candidates to see 50.

I got a little saner over the years but she's like the Energizer Bunny.

young people think they are immortal and it will never happen to them ....

Sometimes you get lucky. I walked away from a totally destroyed Mustang
a Alfa Romeo, a Checker, and a Toyota with nothing more that a few
stitches after the Alfa incident. Italian cars have panache but they
aren't very sturdy.

I've done more damage to myself with pedal bikes than cars and
motorcycles. But the story ain't over yet...

Snap. A car hasn't caused me a cut or bruise (apart from trying to repair one), but I've broken my collar bone coming off a bicycle. I rode into a stupid pedestrian who admitted he "thought nothing was coming because he heard no engines".