Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:34:27 -0000, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:

On 21/02/2021 09:04, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 20/02/2021 18:45, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 08:58:12 -0000, Jimmy Stewart ...
wrote:

On 19/02/2021 19:03, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 19/02/2021 18:39, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for organ
donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead, you
don't need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on paperwork?
Why murder someone after your death who could have been saved by your
body parts? And no I dont care if you have some crazy religion.

not just thinking

https://www.organdonationscotland.or...caAp6cEALw_wcB

speaking as someone who has the liver of a 20 odd year old boy racer if
they don't want to live I do ......

I went to school with one, the twit had a fight with a telegraph pole.
But he didn't reach 20. Well he probably reached 20mph, but not 20
years old :-)

most sill boys write off a car in their first year of driving I know I
did at 17 in 1970 ...... made me a better driver though

silly

I never know whether to put "write off" or "right off". The first is a legal sounding thing and the second means "completely".

Come to think of it, the same car a year earlier was a write off but not a right off. A woman (it's always a woman) reversed into the side of me in a car park. She bent the central pillar and dented both doors severely. Her foot had slipped off the clutch and she reversed rapidly. The insurance company inspected my car and said the damage was more than the value of the car, so gave me the value of the car, £700. I kept the car, bought my boss's car which was almost identical but falling to bits for £70, and swapped the doors over, then bent the pillar back with a sledgehammer. £630 in my pocket due to stupid insurance.