Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default USB power question

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 11:13:01 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

On the PC desktop here (Gigabyte MB) the USB power is on at all times
the PC is plugged into the mains. The separate web cam has a couple of
LED indicators. I assume this is under BIOS control, but can't find a
setting.
But then the BIOS uses all sort of acronyms I don't understand.

Any easy way of disabling this? So USB power only comes on when I boot
the PC?

Expand the €śUSB settings€ť and you see, €śUSB selective suspend setting€ť €¦
This is the default setting for Windows 10. Click on the drop down and
select €śDisabled€ť to not allow Windows power management to suspend or
power down the USB port €¦ Click €śOK€ť to save setting and close all open
Windows.