Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default USB power question

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
On the PC desktop here (Gigabyte MB) the USB power is on at all times the
PC is plugged into the mains. The separate web cam has a couple of LED
indicators. I assume this is under BIOS control, but can't find a setting.
But then the BIOS uses all sort of acronyms I don't understand.

Any easy way of disabling this? So USB power only comes on when I boot the
PC?

Many laptops have two 'types' of USB socket, some which are powered
only when the laptop is on and some powered whenever the laptop power
is plugged in. Maybe your Gigabyte PC has a similar setup.

--
Chris Green
ยท