Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Choice of fixing - PB

On 21 Feb 2021 at 12:08:11 GMT, ""Dave Plowman" News)"
wrote:

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 20/02/2021 17:15, JohnP wrote:
What fixing do you recommend in a plasterboard wall there it is not
possible to tighten the screws as the item need to slot onto it with
keyhole slots?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-...tool-kit/903kk

and then depending on the depth of the plasterboard

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-h...-10-pack/12229

The snag with those here is they never seem to have the correct diameter
of the machine screw for the slot. Or the head is wrong. But maybe just
me. ;-) I can usually find a wood screw in my box which is perfect.

They're standard metric screws available in an infinite variety of lengths,
materials and heads. For small quantities Ebay is a reasonable source.

--
Roger Hayter