Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Choice of fixing - PB

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 20/02/2021 17:15, JohnP wrote:
What fixing do you recommend in a plasterboard wall there it is not
possible to tighten the screws as the item need to slot onto it with
keyhole slots?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-...tool-kit/903kk

and then depending on the depth of the plasterboard

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-h...-10-pack/12229

The snag with those here is they never seem to have the correct diameter
of the machine screw for the slot. Or the head is wrong. But maybe just
me. ;-) I can usually find a wood screw in my box which is perfect.

I suppose I am lucky as I have

https://www.bapp.co.uk/index.html

round the corner from home and round the corner from the office.

I have sometimes had to buy new bolts for the things I am fitting for
the reasons you have given.

--
Adam