Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT What a jenny

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:48:51 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 06:47:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 5:12:54 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 22:56:26 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

So what? He's the president, but many others in your party, who
he keeps caving in to, want more freebies, using borrowed money.
He just killed 10K+ high paying jobs on the XL pipeline so more
I just love the implicit argument that it's good to do bad things if it
creates jobs.

There is no "bad thing". It's oil for Christ's sake. It's oil that's already
being produced, already being transported across America by rail.
Moving it by pipeline is safer, releases far less CO2 and other pollutants.
It's coming from Canada, our ally. When Trump screwed Canada and
it's people with his trade war BS, woaaah, that was horrific according
to you. But your guy just screwed them, did something even worse,
and here you are defending it. After all, he's a Democrat, so it's OK.

The question should be, Is it a good idea or not?

That's fine BEFORE you give approval and construction is under way.
Now it just showed that the US is like Cuba, where the govt can just
decide to take your investment.

I had a friend in college who thought the Viet Nam war was a good thing
because it was good for the economy. I wasn't capable of judging the
war, but I know that's not a good reason.

Pathetic. It's an oil pipeline, not a war.

Duh. If a fool will support a whole war based on jobs, then how much
easier is it to support an arguably mistaken pipeline because of jobs.

You really will grasp an any straw you can find.

And this is a good example of how
unreasonable, uncaring and stupid Democrats are too. It would have been

You're going to blame Democrats for what I said.

And worse yet, nothing you said takes issue with what I said. The whole
rest of your post is about jobs, and not a word about whether the
pipeline is a good idea or not.

very easy for Biden to leave this alone. To decide not to kill thousands of
good, high paying jobs in the middle of a terrible economy. To decide that
it's wrong to screw investors, to screw Canada. To move toward the middle

They are all big boys. The investors knew there was risk when they
started and they and Canada could tell from the lawsuits that it wasn't
for sure.

with some cooperation, demonstrating that he is reasonable, not a radical.

Biden is not a radical. You ought to know that by now.

Showing Republicans and the country that maybe he can bring us together.
Instead he sided with the crazy extremists.

From what I've read and heard, those "thousands of high paying jobs" were
actually about 1000 temporary jobs, none of them coming with high pay.

I wonder if you feel the same way about the wall on the southern border.
That, too, should be completely shut down and jobs will be affected.

They should keep building the Mexico wall for sure, because of the jobs
it creates, and if the Mexico wall is not wanted, they should find some
place, say in Kansas, to build a big wall. You don't want to separate
east Kansas from west Kansas so you could have openings wherever there
was a road or sidewalk or stream or path, but the important thing is to
hire people for jobs.