Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What a jenny

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:48:51 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 06:47:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 5:12:54 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 22:56:26 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

So what? He's the president, but many others in your party, who
he keeps caving in to, want more freebies, using borrowed money.
He just killed 10K+ high paying jobs on the XL pipeline so more
I just love the implicit argument that it's good to do bad things if it
creates jobs.

There is no "bad thing". It's oil for Christ's sake. It's oil that's already
being produced, already being transported across America by rail.
Moving it by pipeline is safer, releases far less CO2 and other pollutants.
It's coming from Canada, our ally. When Trump screwed Canada and
it's people with his trade war BS, woaaah, that was horrific according
to you. But your guy just screwed them, did something even worse,
and here you are defending it. After all, he's a Democrat, so it's OK.

The question should be, Is it a good idea or not?

That's fine BEFORE you give approval and construction is under way.
Now it just showed that the US is like Cuba, where the govt can just
decide to take your investment.

I had a friend in college who thought the Viet Nam war was a good thing
because it was good for the economy. I wasn't capable of judging the
war, but I know that's not a good reason.

Pathetic. It's an oil pipeline, not a war. And this is a good example of how
unreasonable, uncaring and stupid Democrats are too. It would have been
very easy for Biden to leave this alone. To decide not to kill thousands of
good, high paying jobs in the middle of a terrible economy. To decide that
it's wrong to screw investors, to screw Canada. To move toward the middle
with some cooperation, demonstrating that he is reasonable, not a radical.
Showing Republicans and the country that maybe he can bring us together.
Instead he sided with the crazy extremists.

From what I've read and heard, those "thousands of high paying jobs" were
actually about 1000 temporary jobs, none of them coming with high pay.

I wonder if you feel the same way about the wall on the southern border.
That, too, should be completely shut down and jobs will be affected.

OK, let's just look at it from the environmental aspect

KEYSTONE PIPELINE vs TRAIN vs SHIP TO MOVE OIL
These numbers were Fact-Checked with Google:
1 Train has 100 cars, 2 engines and weighs 27,240,000 LBS.
1 Train carries 3,000,000 gallons of oil.
1 train uses 55.5 gallons of diesel per mile.
It takes 119,000 gallons of diesel to go 2150 miles from Hardidsy, AB
Freeport, TX.
Keystone pipeline was to deliver 34,860,000 gallons of oil per day.
It would take 12 trains and 1,428,000 gallons of diesel to deliver
that amount.
PER DAY!
521,220,000 gallons of diesel per year.
The oil will still go to market with or without the pipeline. By
stopping the
pipeline billions of gallons of diesel will be wasted and pollute
needlessly.
Stop the Tar Sands all together? Then we must ship the oil from the
overseas
sandbox.
1 large oil tanker can haul 120,000,000 gallons of oil
1 boat takes 15 days to cross the Atlantic.
1 boat uses 63,000 gallons of fuel PER DAY, that is about 1 million
gallons of
the most polluting type fuel in the world PER TRIP.*(See below)
Or take 3.5 days of Keystone Pipeline to move the same amount of oil
with a
fraction of the pollution.
*In international waters ship emissions remains one of the least
regulated parts
of our global transportation system. The fuel used in ships is waste
oil,
basically what is left over after the crude oil refining process. It
is the same
as asphalt and is so thick that when cold it can be walked upon . It's
the
cheapest and most polluting fuel available and the world's 90,000
ships chew
through an astonishing 7.29 million barrels of it each day, or more
than 84% of
all exported oil production from Saudi Arabia.

I'm sure you stopped reading by now.