Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On 19/02/2021 22:22, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:39:42 -0000, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for organ donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead, you don't need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on paperwork? Why murder someone after your death who could have been saved by your body parts? And no I dont care if you have some crazy religion.

Not only that, someone should go through all the caskets removing any
jewelry that might have been foolishly buried with you or your fellow
dead poeple.

In my mother-in-law's case, that was supposed to happen, but didn't. My
wife had always said that she wasn't bothered about anything else, but
she wanted her parents rings when they died. She has her father's, but
the undertaker made a mistake, didn't record a note to remove the rings
and buried her mother's with her.