Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default pink salt

On 02/19/2021 12:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
That's interisting. I was just reading about the mowers and tractors
that put liquid in the tires for extra weight and traction. Beet juice
was mentioned.

Beet juice would be good... I was out in the field with an elderly
Minneapolis-Moline puling a drag harrow to break up the horse manure
when I turned too tight and punctured a tire. The tire was filled with a
calcium chloride solution. I had to drive the tractor back to the barn
with the tire throwing a rooster tail of chloride on every rotation. The
stuff neither tastes or feels very nice.

That tractor was a piece of work. It had a fuel system problem so you
were in a cloud of gasoline fumes all the time. Good for a little buzz.
I don't know why it never caught fire.