Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default OT: Organ donation should be compulsory, not just "opt out"

On 19/02/2021 22:29, Snit wrote:
On Feb 19, 2021 at 2:49:00 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

"Snit" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

"Snit" wrote in message
On Feb 19, 2021 at 12:06:01 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

"Snit" wrote in message
On Feb 19, 2021 at 11:54:45 AM MST, "Joel" wrote
:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:

Scotland and Canada are (thinking of) changing to "opt out" for
organ
donation. Why? Why not just make it mandatory? You're dead, you
don't need those organs. Why waste the doctor's time on paperwork?
Why murder someone after your death who could have been saved by
your
body parts? And no I dont care if you have some crazy religion.

At least here in the U.S., they attempt to make contact with the
relatives of the dying person, before transplanting organs solely
based on the individual's identification card, which expresses that
he
or she is an organ donor. My driver's license indicates that i would
donate organs, but I'm pretty sure they'd still ask my family about
it
if they were able to contact them.

Here in the US many people want body autonomy for their DEAD body, but
want to deny it to living women.

Because abortion is murder.

Do you think so even in the case of rape and incest?

Yep, corse it is.

If the mother's life is at stake?

It never is when premature birth isnt the alternative.

Never? Please back that.

And are you willing to take care of the unwanted babies?

No need, there is a desperate shortage of brats
for adoption in the modern first and second world.

Over 100,000 in the US waiting to be adopted (kids in general, not infants):

https://www.adoptuskids.org/meet-the...t-the-children

And then are you going to whine about programs to help the kids when their
parents do not have the money they need? Are you going to back improving the
tie between productivity and financial gain (such as with a min. wage increase
to match inflation)?

And if you are truly against abortion will you join me in promoting policies
which help to reduce the number of abortions:

* Free contraception
* Comprehensive sex ed in schools
* Strong Planned Parenthood

If you are we might still disagree on it women should have equal rights (I say
they should) but at least we can work together to reduce the number of
abortions (something I think we do both agree with).

It babies who cannot be taken care of by parents?

See above.

And who do you think should have more rights: a woman or a fetus?

Neither have any right to murder the other because that is more convenient
for them.

Who do you think should have MORE rights: a woman or a fetus?

You avoided the question. Curious. I bet you continue to do so. My answer is
easy: the woman should have AT LEAST as much rights as the fetus, and as such
she can do with HER body what she wants. Any medical questions about her and
her health care should be between her and her doctor and Big Brother should
butt the hell out.

Well they could always keep their legs crossed.

--
Max Demian