Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cruzin' for a bruizin

On 2/19/2021 9:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Still doesn't explain how the media got it, if in fact they did, I haven't
followed it that much. Some laws were violated if a carrier employee
was giving this out. If that's what happened, I'm sure Cruz will be
demanding an investigation.

I'd not be surprised if an angry phone company employee leaked it. While
I don't feel bad for Cruz it is still not a smart thing to do.

I'm no fan of Cruz, but there is a difference between a mayor or governor
going on vacation. They are the CEOs, they have direct involvement and
call many of the shots during emergencies like this. Cruz as Senator,
a lot less he could do. I would think that would mainly be listening to
what officials need and if FEMA or similar isn't getting it done, Cruz could
call them up, put pressure on them. But regardless, it sure was terrible
optics for a guy already under a lot of fire for his involvement in the election
lies and attempt to throw out the legal votes of millions of Americans.
I think his political future beyond being a senator is gone.

With politics it is all about perception. He can't go fix the valves at
the gas plant but he'd get a lot more votes handing out scarves and
mittens. You'd think he would have picked up a tip like that from when
trump tossed rolls of paper towels to people in PR after the hurricane.