Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cruzin' for a bruizin

How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2021 11:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

Simple. Arlen Holder made them a part of your permanent record.

I found this.
Some phone companies also keep records of sent text messages. ...
Verizon holds texts for up to five days and Virgin Mobile keeps them for
90 days. AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint do not keep the contents of text
messages.

I just saw on the news that Cruz has police protection in front of his
house. Some very unhappy people there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:19:57 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Still doesn't explain how the media got it, if in fact they did, I haven't
followed it that much. Some laws were violated if a carrier employee
was giving this out. If that's what happened, I'm sure Cruz will be
demanding an investigation.

I'm no fan of Cruz, but there is a difference between a mayor or governor
going on vacation. They are the CEOs, they have direct involvement and
call many of the shots during emergencies like this. Cruz as Senator,
a lot less he could do. I would think that would mainly be listening to
what officials need and if FEMA or similar isn't getting it done, Cruz could
call them up, put pressure on them. But regardless, it sure was terrible
optics for a guy already under a lot of fire for his involvement in the election
lies and attempt to throw out the legal votes of millions of Americans.
I think his political future beyond being a senator is gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:19:57 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I just saw on the news that Cruz has police protection in front of his
house. Some very unhappy people there.

So he's getting a taste of his own medicine. Similar happened to election
officials around the country, to Dominion and Smartmatic execs, due to
the anger Cruz stirred up with his lies about a stolen election. At least
this time the anger is based on fact.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2021 9:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Still doesn't explain how the media got it, if in fact they did, I haven't
followed it that much. Some laws were violated if a carrier employee
was giving this out. If that's what happened, I'm sure Cruz will be
demanding an investigation.

I'd not be surprised if an angry phone company employee leaked it. While
I don't feel bad for Cruz it is still not a smart thing to do.

I'm no fan of Cruz, but there is a difference between a mayor or governor
going on vacation. They are the CEOs, they have direct involvement and
call many of the shots during emergencies like this. Cruz as Senator,
a lot less he could do. I would think that would mainly be listening to
what officials need and if FEMA or similar isn't getting it done, Cruz could
call them up, put pressure on them. But regardless, it sure was terrible
optics for a guy already under a lot of fire for his involvement in the election
lies and attempt to throw out the legal votes of millions of Americans.
I think his political future beyond being a senator is gone.

With politics it is all about perception. He can't go fix the valves at
the gas plant but he'd get a lot more votes handing out scarves and
mittens. You'd think he would have picked up a tip like that from when
trump tossed rolls of paper towels to people in PR after the hurricane.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2021 8:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

One of their neighbors that they asked to join them in Cancun released
their email/text.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2021 8:57 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 2/18/2021 8:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
Â*Â*Â*Â* I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't.Â* The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town.Â* She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best"Â*Â* !!

One of their neighbors that they asked to join them in Cancun released
their email/text.

Lot's of people saw them at the airport on the way out too. Lot's of
video of that. Word was he had to travel in coach.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 11:57:29 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 2/18/2021 8:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

One of their neighbors that they asked to join them in Cancun released
their email/text.

I guess they won't be on Cruz's Xmas card list anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Feb 2021 08:57:24 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/18/2021 8:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

One of their neighbors that they asked to join them in Cancun released
their email/text.

Yes, that was my bad, for starting a story that never happened.

I think CNN said that a recipient had sent the text to the press, but I
was listening with one ear at the start and missed that part.

Still it's my fault.

Pretty foolish to write so many neibhors. Maybe they wanted them to
watch the house in case of burglars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Feb 2021 08:59:09 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 2/19/2021 8:57 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 2/18/2021 8:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
**** I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't.* The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town.* She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best"** !!

One of their neighbors that they asked to join them in Cancun released
their email/text.

Lot's of people saw them at the airport on the way out too. Lot's of
video of that. Word was he had to travel in coach.

'Cause it was last minute. He said they were just dropping the kids
off, but it only takes a mother to do that, and aren't the kids 10 and
12? You can't "drop off" a 10 and 12 year old.

This story seems to say so.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nt-work-daddy/

His wife sent the text, and mentioned the price, $305/night. Even for
non-cheapskates, that's a lot of money, isn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

they clearly wanted to have a superspreader party in Cancun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2021 8:57 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 2/18/2021 8:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
Â*Â*Â*Â* I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't.Â* The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town.Â* She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best"Â*Â* !!

One of their neighbors that they asked to join them in Cancun released
their email/text.

Lot's of people saw them at the airport on the way out too. Lot's of
video of that. Word was he had to travel in coach.

Coach? My God.
Hasn't the man been punished enough?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/19/2021 8:57 AM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Not really. The places we stayed on our vacations were in that
ballpark. That is pretty much what a suite costs in a decent hotel. I
assume Cruz's neighbors are richer than him. Evidently one is a
Democrat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/21 10:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

He should've stayed put in Cancun. Issue a statement saying
he'd already done what he could. Whatever more he could do
could be done from Cancun just as easily. Millions of people
are working from home now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/19/2021 09:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

With politics it is all about perception. He can't go fix the valves at
the gas plant but he'd get a lot more votes handing out scarves and
mittens. You'd think he would have picked up a tip like that from when
trump tossed rolls of paper towels to people in PR after the hurricane.

Biden is supposed to visit Texas. He'll fix everything or at least
defrost the turbine blades with hot air. They all do it but I never
understood exactly what a politician visiting a disaster was supposed to
accomplish.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2021 6:45 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/19/2021 09:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

With politics it is all about perception.Â* He can't go fix the valves at
the gas plant but he'd get a lot more votes handing out scarves and
mittens.Â* You'd think he would have picked up a tip like that from when
trump tossed rolls of paper towels to people in PR after the hurricane.

Biden is supposed to visit Texas. He'll fix everything or at least
defrost the turbine blades with hot air. They all do it but I never
understood exactly what a politician visiting a disaster was supposed to
accomplish.

Tossing rolls of paper towels is essential.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:22:00 -0600, "Dean L. Hoffman"
wrote:

On 2/18/21 10:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

He should've stayed put in Cancun.

I agree, he should have just stayed in Cancun. Permanently.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:22:00 -0600, "Dean L.
Hoffman" wrote:

On 2/18/21 10:44 PM, micky wrote:
How did CNN get a copy of a text from Ted Cruz's wife to him about going
to Cancun?
I thought only the sender and the receiver saw texts.

Cruz has, maybe every chance he had, criticized people who left town
when they shoudln't. The mayor of Austin who went to Mexico, Chris
Christie for going to the beach, and one other time that made the news.

A woman called into CNN and she was annoyed that he left town. She
apologized to Mexico, also said "We're not sending our best" !!

He should've stayed put in Cancun. Issue a statement saying
he'd already done what he could. Whatever more he could do
could be done from Cancun just as easily. Millions of people
are working from home now.

I too do wonder what he can do in Texas. And apparently he had no
heat, so he has to go out of the area**. Maybe he could have gone to a
Motel 6 in Oklahoma, but from many povs, why go there if he can go to
Cancun.

He just played it so badly.

He's only 50. Maybe he could have bought a warmer overcoat and gone out
and thawed out whatever was frozen with the gas supply?

How can natural gas pipes freeze in the first place? Water freezes, but
gas?

**I guess more people would have done that if they had the money or
enough gasoline to get where they are selling gasoline.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:45:14 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/19/2021 09:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

With politics it is all about perception. He can't go fix the valves at
the gas plant but he'd get a lot more votes handing out scarves and
mittens. You'd think he would have picked up a tip like that from when
trump tossed rolls of paper towels to people in PR after the hurricane.

Biden is supposed to visit Texas. He'll fix everything or at least
defrost the turbine blades with hot air. They all do it but I never
understood exactly what a politician visiting a disaster was supposed to
accomplish.

As a person who has watched from the rubble, all they do is pull away
resources that would be better left to do their jobs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman" wrote:

On 2/18/21 10:44 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

He is a senator, he is only effective in DC but there is nobody there
for him to talk to. They bugged out too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:45:14 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Biden is supposed to visit Texas. He'll fix everything or at least
defrost the turbine blades with hot air. They all do it but I never
understood exactly what a politician visiting a disaster was supposed to
accomplish.

I'll never understand how one single man (?) can gossip about just ANYTHING
as much as you do, lowbrowgirl!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/21 3:45 AM, Peeler wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:45:14 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Biden is supposed to visit Texas. He'll fix everything or at least
defrost the turbine blades with hot air. They all do it but I never
understood exactly what a politician visiting a disaster was supposed to
accomplish.

I'll never understand how one single man (?) can gossip about just ANYTHING
as much as you do, lowbrowgirl!

But rbowman is correct.

If you could harness the hot air coming out of the democrats and the RINOcrats at the Capitol and use it to drive a turbine, you'd solve our nation's energy problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2021 12:25 AM, micky wrote:

How can natural gas pipes freeze in the first place? Water freezes, but
gas?

There is moisture in gas. I understand valves are freezing.

Natural Gas is typically dried to 7 pounds of water per million standard
cubic feet (LBS/MMSCF), this water vapor density corresponds to
approximately -40°F dewpoint or 143PPMv of moisture content.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2021 3:58 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/20/21 3:45 AM, Peeler wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:45:14 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly
driveling,

Biden is supposed to visit Texas. He'll fix everything or at least
defrost the turbine blades with hot air. They all do it but I never
understood exactly what a politician visiting a disaster was supposed to
accomplish.

I'll never understand how one single man (?) can gossip about just
ANYTHING
as much as you do, lowbrowgirl!

But rbowman is correct.

If you could harness the hot air coming out of the democrats and the
RINOcrats at the Capitol and use it to drive a turbine, you'd solve our
nation's energy problems.

Wow! What a concept. Let's harness the hot air coming out of the Repubs
here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman" wrote:

On 2/18/21 10:44 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Meanwhile, in direct contradiction to that claim, it looks like AOC and
O'Rourke were able to find ways to help that didn't involve DC.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/politics/ted-cruz-beto-o-rourke-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-texas-disaster/index.html

AOC organized a fundraiser that netted $2 million dollars to help Texas
residents, while O'Rourke organized a virtual phone bank that made over
780,000 calls to Texas seniors to check on them and offer assistance.

Maybe you'll say those are crappy and insignificant things to do in a
situation like this, but I think they help more than they hurt, and they
are better than fleeing the scene like Cruz did. Sometimes just showing up
gives others a big morale boost, like what happened when Kamala Harris
worked at a drive-thru food bank a few weeks ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman" wrote:

On 2/18/21 10:44 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

He could call the governor, ask if he's getting everything the state needs
from FEMA. If not, he can call FEMA. He could call the mayors of the worst
hit areas, ask the same question. I suppose he could do a lot of that by
phone from wherever he is, especially now with cell phones. It's mostly
just terrible optics and apparently some of the "friends" they invited to come
along are really friends. The media got those awful texts, "heh, no power,
no heat, we're going to the Ritz Carlton in Cancun, want to join us"?
Couldn't have happened to a bigger schmuck though, I'm shedding no tears.