Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT What a jenny

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 11:56:30 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 15:33:19 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 5:04:20 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
CNN had two people on to talk about the proposed rebate on college
loans. Because I only listen, I don't know who they were. Sometimes
one is from each party but this time, they might both have been
Democrats.

Anyone, one of them was wanting a $50,000 rebate instead of 10 like Joe
wants (and he said no to 50). And she said roughly, a real leader
would do something about college tuition.

What a jackass. Doesn't she pay attention? In the campaign and again
last night Joe said that junior college** should be free and state
schools should be free to those with parents earning under 75K or 100K,
something like that. What more does she want

50K-10K obviously. Feel free to speak out against AOC, Bernie, etc
at any time.

and Biden has been saying
it for months. I'm going to try to find out who she was. It's too soon
for there to be anything on the web.

So what? He's the president, but many others in your party, who
he keeps caving in to, want more freebies, using borrowed money.
He just killed 10K+ high paying jobs on the XL pipeline so more

What I'm hearing is that about 1000 temporary jobs were killed by Biden's
executive order, so the 10K+ that you're talking about were probably future
hires.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/01/22/keystone-pipeline-jobs-lost-joe-biden-executive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/
https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/verify/verify-yes-thousands-jobs-lost-after-biden-axes-keystone-xl-pipeline-but-not-as-many-as-these-posts-claim/77-8955155e-457d-4fc2-bbd9-35ea8df83ee3

It's also interesting that only about 1.2 miles of pipeline have been
completed, so Biden caught the problem before it was too late. The pipeline
was a very bad idea and I'm happy to see it canceled.
stupid things to appease people like you doesn't seem unexpected.
Feel free to condemn killing those jobs in the midst of a recession
and Covid at any time.

I would change condemn to support.

So you have no problems with the US govt going back on it's approval and screwing
investors? How would you like it if they took your investment without compensation?
I hope that gets challenged and overturned in the courts. As to the job and huge
economic loss, here is what the Sec of State wrote in 2015:

"Construction spending on the proposed Project was found to support a combined total of approximately 42,100 jobs throughout the United States for the up to two-year construction period. Of these jobs, approximately 16,100 would be direct jobs supported at firms that are awarded contracts for goods and services, including construction, by Keystone. The other approximately 26,000 jobs would result from indirect and induced spending. [€¦] About 12,000 jobs, or 29 percent of the total 42,100 jobs, would be supported in Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas.

Of the 42,100 supported jobs described above, approximately 3,900 (or 1,950 per year if construction took two years) would comprise a direct, temporary, construction workforce in the proposed Project area. Employment supported by construction of the proposed project would translate to approximately 2.05 billion in employee earnings. Of this, approximately 20 percent ($405 million in earnings) would be allocated to workers in the proposed Project area. The remaining 80 percent, or $1.6 billion, would occur in other locations around the country."

That Sec of State was John Kerry. And the freaking oil is going to be used,
it's being shipped across the US in railroad tankers, far more dangerous and spewing
far more CO2 and other pollutants than an efficient pipeline. You Democrats have
already boosted the price of gasoline by 25%, it's up 50 cents a gallon thanks to
stupidity like this. And this is why I don't have respect for most environmentalists.
They are just as extreme, just as nutty as Qanon or the Proud Boys. They just screwed
American workers, American taxpayers, Canada and all the investors in the midst
of an economy already in disaster. The Democrats think govt should create jobs,
that's the answer team Biden gave them. The poor *******s he put out of jobs in
the middle of Covid in North Dakota are supposed to get a job making solar gear.
That's what Kerry told them, no worries the feds are going to make that happen.
Solyndra? 123 Batteries? Fiskar Auto? The govt lost trillions on their last try
at that, $500 bil on Solyndra alone. Gee, start a business, borrow all you want,
the govt will guarantee it, who could have thought there would be problems with
that? But they are just like the USSR, failure after failure, but still have the govt
try to run the economy. Of all those new energy projects from a decade ago,
I don't think even one is still in business. But an economically viable project,
privately financed, already under constructions, billions invested, let's kill that
too and make even more economic losses for the country.