Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What a jenny

On 2/19/2021 12:09 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:

I borrowed $40K for college and my wife borrowed $35K. For both of us, the
loans have been paid off long ago, but the experience leads me to believe
that, depending on specific requirements and restrictions, higher education
should be free*, just as formal K-12 education is free*.

*Yes, I know that nothing is free, so I don't need a reminder but I also
know that a better educated workforce translates to a much better
population overall.

The requirements and restrictions mentioned above could be things like
specific education programs supported rather than blanket tuition
avoidance, specific colleges allowed to participate rather than any old
group calling itself a 'university', and requirements on students to
maintain attendance and grade requirements.

Yes, "free" would be good with some controls. There are a lot of
professional students with degrees in decoupage and a masters in basket
weaving. There has to be some accountability.