Old February 17th 21, 11:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What a jenny

CNN had two people on to talk about the proposed rebate on college
loans. Because I only listen, I don't know who they were. Sometimes
one is from each party but this time, they might both have been
Democrats.

Anyone, one of them was wanting a $50,000 rebate instead of 10 like Joe
wants (and he said no to 50). And she said roughly, a real leader
would do something about college tuition.

What a jackass. Doesn't she pay attention? In the campaign and again
last night Joe said that junior college** should be free and state
schools should be free to those with parents earning under 75K or 100K,
something like that. What more does she want and Biden has been saying
it for months. I'm going to try to find out who she was. It's too soon
for there to be anything on the web.

**My father graduated high school in 1910. High school was free then.
Now a high school diploma won't get you much, the country is much richer
and still free education hasn't gone any farther than high school. In
fact in 1957 Indiana University and most state schools charge in-state
residents no tuition (although there were fees which were not nothing)
and we've gone backwards on that.

As an aside, after HS my father went on to dental school for 4 years,
commuting 50 miles each way every day by train, doing homework on the
train, and working in his father's hardware store when he got home.

Old February 17th 21, 11:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 5:04 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Paying off all loans will **** off everyone that paid their way through
already. Everyone talks about forgiving the debt, no one asks why it
cost so mush to go to school in the first place.

Not everyone benefits from college, some would to better in a trade or
technical school rather than a degree is 4th century Greek sculpture
Old February 18th 21, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

We did have free uni and what we call TAFE., post school technical
college etc for a while, by our labor party, close to your dems.

There is still a bit of that for some specific groups.

Eire still has it free, even for doctors etc.

Old February 18th 21, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 10:02:16 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

"ThatĘs because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Old February 18th 21, 12:33 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 5:04:20 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
CNN had two people on to talk about the proposed rebate on college
loans. Because I only listen, I don't know who they were. Sometimes
one is from each party but this time, they might both have been
Democrats.

Anyone, one of them was wanting a $50,000 rebate instead of 10 like Joe
wants (and he said no to 50). And she said roughly, a real leader
would do something about college tuition.

What a jackass. Doesn't she pay attention? In the campaign and again
last night Joe said that junior college** should be free and state
schools should be free to those with parents earning under 75K or 100K,
something like that. What more does she want

50K-10K obviously. Feel free to speak out against AOC, Bernie, etc
at any time.

and Biden has been saying
it for months. I'm going to try to find out who she was. It's too soon
for there to be anything on the web.

So what? He's the president, but many others in your party, who
he keeps caving in to, want more freebies, using borrowed money.
He just killed 10K+ high paying jobs on the XL pipeline so more
stupid things to appease people like you doesn't seem unexpected.
Feel free to condemn killing those jobs in the midst of a recession
and Covid at any time.

Old February 18th 21, 02:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:33:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I forgot to include that part. I think 10,000 is plenty and the
other 40,000 can go to other categories of people who also need it or to
other expenses.

No one put a guy to their head to make them borrow money. They could
have gone to a local junior college (not free) but lived at home, where
at least they don't charge for the room.

If they get 10,000 off, they should be happy.
Old February 18th 21, 02:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 15:33:19 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 5:04:20 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
CNN had two people on to talk about the proposed rebate on college
loans. Because I only listen, I don't know who they were. Sometimes
one is from each party but this time, they might both have been
Democrats.

Anyone, one of them was wanting a $50,000 rebate instead of 10 like Joe
wants (and he said no to 50). And she said roughly, a real leader
would do something about college tuition.

What a jackass. Doesn't she pay attention? In the campaign and again
last night Joe said that junior college** should be free and state
schools should be free to those with parents earning under 75K or 100K,
something like that. What more does she want

50K-10K obviously. Feel free to speak out against AOC, Bernie, etc

I've never said anything good about them. Have I? I don't know if
I've ever posted about either of them but they're both jackassses.

at any time.

and Biden has been saying
it for months. I'm going to try to find out who she was. It's too soon
for there to be anything on the web.

So what? He's the president, but many others in your party, who

Stop your partisan crap. it's so boring. Poor you, a man without a
party.

Old February 18th 21, 05:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

iirc tuition when I went was $2000 a year; it's now $55,600. Inflation
would account for $15,000. In the '60s RPI ranked at the top of the
engineering colleges trading places with CalTech and MIT for 1st. Now it
ranks down with Moosenuts State.

But, it has the highest paid president in the country, a black female to
check the right boxes, and a really spiffy performing arts center:

https://empac.rpi.edu/about

with some captivating woke presentations

https://empac.rpi.edu/events/2021/decolonizing-language

Needless to say the alumni fundraising can FOAD.

Old February 18th 21, 05:36 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 11:08 PM, rbowman wrote:

iirc tuition when I went was $2000 a year; it's now $55,600. Inflation
would account for $15,000.¬* In the '60s RPI ranked at the top of the
engineering colleges trading places with CalTech and MIT for 1st. Now it
ranks down with Moosenuts State.

But, it has the highest paid president in the country, a black female to
check the right boxes, and a really spiffy performing arts center:

https://empac.rpi.edu/about

with some captivating woke presentations

https://empac.rpi.edu/events/2021/decolonizing-language

Needless to say the alumni fundraising can FOAD.

Hey, that's tomorrow. Let us know how it was.

I went to Temple and PA state residents is $17,000 I paid less than
$1000 IIRC

My brother went to Drexel and that is now $55,000. Would not matter for
him, he had a few scholarships and never paid anything.
Old February 18th 21, 06:22 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:04:13 -0500, micky
wrote:

CNN had two people on to talk about the proposed rebate on college
loans. Because I only listen, I don't know who they were. Sometimes
one is from each party but this time, they might both have been
Democrats.

Anyone, one of them was wanting a $50,000 rebate instead of 10 like Joe
wants (and he said no to 50). And she said roughly, a real leader
would do something about college tuition.

What a jackass. Doesn't she pay attention? In the campaign and again
last night Joe said that junior college** should be free and state
schools should be free to those with parents earning under 75K or 100K,
something like that. What more does she want and Biden has been saying
it for months. I'm going to try to find out who she was. It's too soon
for there to be anything on the web.

Everything I see coming from the democrats will simply lead to higher
inflation. It is easy to point out the federal student loan program
allowed university tuition to skyrocket, now they want it to be on the
backs of the tax payer.
I can also easily point out a lot of those degrees don't actually
teach anyone how to do anything useful. That is why there are so many
graduates still sleeping in Mom's basement.
If they want to subsidize STEM degrees it might make some sense but
art history? Really? I don't see that job advertised very often maybe
never. That kind of job is usually taken by a person who went to
school when they were 5 or 6 and never left. They just work there now
making more people who can't find a job.