Dave Liquorice

Default CH/HW emergency - Help !!

On 27 Jul 2003 06:12:51 -0700, Steve Wilson wrote:
Any suggestions gratefully and desperately received -

How much gung/sludge is in the bottom of the expansion tank? Draining
might have drawn some into the system causing a blockage.

Though I suspect it' more likely to be a problem with valves not being
open to let the air out and the water in. See if excercising the
system to see if you can get things shifting. Most motorised valves
have a manual device for opening them. Use it and open all valves, 3
port ones set to their mid position so all the ports are connected top
each other. Also switch the boiler off on it's own switch or
thermostat to stop it firing on a possibly dry boiler.

the thought of calling out the plumber to fix my DIY is too
embarassing to contemplate !

He he...

--
Cheers