Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shovelling snow

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 23:59:48 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 15:00:04 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 2/18/2021 1:35 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:34:20 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 2:13:02 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I don't see any point to clearing a 4-foot wide path when I only need 8
inches.

Doesn't your city require the sidewalks be completely cleared? Ann Arbor

I think so, but I can't believe that includes cleaning the whole width.

does, and if you don't clear your sidewalk they'll do it for you and bill you
for it.

That's never happened to me or any of my neighbors afaik. Maybe because
we own our own streets**.

So it's more likely the HOA would do that, but even the law gives us 24
or 48 hours and I'm sure the HOA settles for 8 inches. Well, actually I
guess I used to do two widths of an 8" shovel, 16 inches. I'm not sure
the HOA has ever given a snow shoveling fine.

Our HOA has no regulations on snow.

You need some. Even if you are in Florida.

Not where I live. There may be a few times when it dusted the lawns up
where Ed lives but water doesn't freeze down here. We have plumbing
outside.