Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default shovelling snow

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 1:35:27 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:34:20 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 2:13:02 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I don't see any point to clearing a 4-foot wide path when I only need 8
inches.

Doesn't your city require the sidewalks be completely cleared? Ann Arbor

I think so, but I can't believe that includes cleaning the whole width.

Yes, it does:

https://www.a2gov.org/departments/police/units/Pages/Snow-and-Ice-Removal-on-Sidewalks.aspx

Wheelchair access, for one thing.

If people didn't clean the whole width, it would be pretty challenging by the end
of a normal winter to do any shoveling at all. Our average annual snowfall is
42", although we generally lose some of that to thawing. Still, people trudging
along would knock down the unshoveled snow, pack it down, and it would
turn to ice.

Cindy Hamilton