Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default FCU to fit in existing double box - possible?

Steve Walker wrote:
On 18/02/2021 08:55, Chris Green wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Robin wrote:
As Adam indicated, you buy separate modules for fuse, cord outlet and
switch. All available in the MK range.

Lots of others do grid switches too. The trick will be to get it to match
other wiring accessories in the room. If that matters.

Nothing to match, it's a toilet cubicle.

Is this to do with the towel rail? Is it a toilet cubicle or a bathroom?
If it has just a toilet and washbasin and no bath or shower, you can use
what you want - even a plug and 2-gang socket which would give you
switching, disconnection and fusing.

There's not even a washbasin, as I said that's just outside.

Yes, I know that as regards wiring regulations, I can do just about
whatever I like but I'd to make things 'bathroom level' as regards
safety. The double box is quite low down and close to the bowl so I
think it would not be a good idea to have 'user accessible' sockets or
switches there. An unswitched FCU and a cable outlet feels OK.

--
Chris Green
ยท