Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pink salt

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:50:38 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 1:09:57 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:10:56 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Oh, good. It was scary. I had to wipe my feet off before I went
inside or got in the car.

I guess the difference is that this year they hired the company that
plows the streets to also shovel the sidewalk, so there is salt where
there never was salt before. It actually costs more to do the sidewalks
than the street. Not surprising but surprising the Board spent the
money. The pres said we are getting older, and that is true.

The community sidewalks but he actually went more than 1/3 of the way up
my personal sidewalk, even opening the gate to do it.

Cindy Hamilton

Supposed to snow here quite a bit on Thursday and Friday.

We don't have sidewalks where I live, but I had to remove 8+ inches of snow
from 100 feet of driveway yesterday. I was plumb tuckered out when I finished.
Afterward, the county pushed a bunch of their snow into my driveway, so I'll
have a little more to do. Luckily, it's warming up. Last night was our coldest
night this winter: -4 F. By Tuesday, we'll be about average for this time of year
with a daytime high of 39 F.

I suspect the snow we got Monday night is moving on to your area for Thursday/Friday.

Cindy Hamilton

Our daughter is a couple hundred miles north of you (Grand Traverse
Co). We get cold just thinking about her weather.