Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default At last

On 17/02/2021 10:20, Tim Streater wrote:
On 17 Feb 2021 at 09:11:10 GMT, Muddymike wrote:

Since 25th Jan I have been emailing and messaging UPS trying to find out
how much they add to the £56 VAT on a machine tool imported from Germany.

Time and time again I was fobbed off with, referrals to different
departments, told it was down to the seller or told they couldn't answer
without a tracking number.

Finally this morning I've learned they charge £11.50.

Presumably the seller shipped it without charging VAT?

I am surprised they shipped it at all. Most europeans seem to believe
that it is not possible to ship stuff to the UK at all.

--
Climate is what you expect but weather is what you get.
Mark Twain