Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default At last

Muddymike wrote:

Since 25th Jan I have been emailing and messaging UPS trying to find out
how much they add to the £56 VAT on a machine tool imported from Germany.

So an item costing £280 then, over the new aligned VAT and duty
thresholds, is there duty to pay as well as VAT, or is that 0% on this item?

Time and time again I was fobbed off with, referrals to different
departments, told it was down to the seller or told they couldn't answer
without a tracking number.

Finally this morning I've learned they charge £11.50.

A little more than royal mail charge then ... £8

That was for £17 of VAT (no duty) on an import from USA over a year ago.