Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On 16/02/2021 20:35, Tekkie� wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:14:17 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/15/2021 2:05 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 20:03:50 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/14/2021 6:02 PM, rbowman wrote:
Get one of those flashing LED collars.Â* Although that might only work
with dogs.Â* I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and
removing it.

The cat at the laundromat may have one of those. It has a wide nylon
collar with some sort of bulky module attached. If the cat cared about
fashion it would commit suicide. It's scrawny and some sort of long
haired breed with a lion cut so it looks like

https://pictures-of-cats.org/wp-cont...h-lion-cut.jpg

The collar and whatever is attached would scale better on a Doberman.

Cat door opener?

Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an electric
fence for a cat?

There are all kinds of cat doors which are only supposed to open for the
correct cat, usually involving something that triggers the door to open
when the cat is very near the door.
.

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

There are ones unlocked by a magnetic device on the cat's collar (which
are okay if no other cats have them) or by a coded device on the collar
(okay unless you have a cat that keeps removing its collar) or using the
microchip that the cat has had injected by the vet for ownership
identification.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

Decent ones have brush seals around them and a magnet that stops them
swinging in the breeze. If it is a stronger wind, they may occasionally
open and close, but if it is bad enough weather, temporarily move the
kitchen bin in front of it.

The coded ones have a physical block stopping them swinging inwards
unless the cat is close enough to operate it (within inches).