Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default FCU to fit in existing double box - possible?

On 16/02/2021 18:11, Chris Green wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 16:48:06 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I have an old blanked off double socket box that I'd like to fit an
FCU into, is there any way to do this? It's a cemented in double
metal box so is pretty much immovable without destroying things
somewhat.

--
Chris Green
ยท

https://www.screwfix.com/c/electrica...ies/cat7230010

Yes, I wondered if modular components would do what I need. However
it becomes a bit pointless unless I can fit an FCU in some shape or
form.

MK Grid Plus has what I need, i.e. a fuse and a cable outlet. Do the
frames and covers fit in standard boxes? If so I guess I need a 3-way
cover plate, a fuse, a cable outlet and a blanking plate (assuming a
3-way cover and grid frame fit in a standard double box).

Does that sound right?

Scolmore/CLICK

CMA432
MD017WH
MD018WH
MD047WH

Or something like that. I have not had chance to double check they are
the correct part numbers.

--
Adam