Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default Can one use this type of towel rail on electricity only?

On 16/02/2021 18:44, David Wade wrote:
On 16/02/2021 17:17, Chris Green wrote:
Lots of places offer this style of towel rail, here's one from
Toolstation:-

https://www.toolstation.com/kudox-ch...adiator/p80321

Can one use them with electric heating only?Â* We want to install one
in a room where there are no pipes from the CH nearby.

Is it just a case of plugging three holes, filling with water and
putting an electric heater element in the fourth hole?

I would say not. There is no provision for expansion. They make a sealed
version...

https://www.kudox.com/electric-towel-rails/

Dave

I've installed a similar towel rail using a thermostatic heating element
instead of CH water.
Just followed the instructions which came with the heating element,
think it was to heat it up with the air vent open then close.
Only run it at a low setting on the thermostat control with no problems
for a couple of years.