Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default FCU to fit in existing double box - possible?

On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 16:48:06 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I have an old blanked off double socket box that I'd like to fit an
FCU into, is there any way to do this? It's a cemented in double
metal box so is pretty much immovable without destroying things
somewhat.

--
Chris Green
ยท

I think the best you can do is to use a double modular plate fitted with a switch and a fuse module plus a couple of blanking pieces to cover the remaining gaps. The only issue will be that as far as I know the switches are only single pole unlike in an FCU where they are double pole. any way see what is available below.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/electrica...ies/cat7230010

Richard