Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safeclene - uses for?

Well I was told it was IPA and distilled water, but who knows?
It smelled like the stuff bib used to sell for tape head cleaning to me.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"AnthonyL" wrote in message
I've ended up with a number of 300ml cans of Safeclene. It is an AF
computer cleaning product described as "Non-flammable Cleaning
Solvent"

They are probably from a time when the IT business I was involved in
sold tape backup machines and these would be sold as consumables to
clean the heads. The can says:

"An internationally-approved safety solvent for tape head and drive
cleaning and for general technical maintenance. "

The AF website doesn't mention much.

and there is some safety data eg:
www.farnell.com/datasheets/1713774.pdf

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?