Posted to rec.woodworking
DJ Delorie DJ Delorie is offline

Default Strong enough?

Greg Guarino writes:
That many mortises would overtax my tool, time and skill
complement. And I don't have a Domino either.

Think of it as an exercise in making jigs :-)

My floor is a slab of concrete.

My basement floor is a 4" slab of concrete. It has cracks in it.

You could also use a half-blind dovetail on the slats (visible from the
top, of course), if you want to try something fancy :-)

I'd have to eat better and exercise more to live long enough to
complete that. I'll be it would look pretty cool though.

The piece I used that on (actually I was teaching someone else how to do
it), I used a Leigh D4. Setup was tricky, but yeah, it looked pretty
cool.