Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 4:17:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 06:25:52 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

On Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 2:17:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:27:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...
You're just confused and wrong again. Trump had 9 months to work on
a rational, uniform system for the country. Remember in spring when he
held that news conference and told the whopping lies about Google having
2500 engineers working on a website? A website that all Americans
could access and that would direct them to a Covid testing facility,
where anyone that wanted a test could get one? All a total fabrication,
it was immediately denied by Google. Just imagine if instead he had
actually done something like that, to get a website that all states and
facilities could have used to schedule vaccines. He had 9 months.
Biden has had 3 weeks.

Biden stated both during the election and prior to inauguration that he had a
plan. Like most else he has no plan and gets away with it from media ignorance.

It looks to me like Biden has a plan. For one thing, he placed orders for 200 mil
more doses of vaccine, an order Trump could have placed last summer, but
refused. Over 50 mil vaccines so far, masks required on all public transportation.
Covid relief bill in the works. And it's very refreshing that Biden is doing his job
without an endless **** show and lies. I'm very happy not to have to hear that
Covid is like the flu, to watch a president mock masks, to lie and deny, claiming
that we're rounding the corner, it's going away.....

If you say so...

Also, if your memory goes back that far; the states demanded control and were
given it. Once again gov't (in)action.

I don't recall states demanding control, only Trump refusing to take control,
refusing to have a national plan. I saw governors having to beg, and beg
and beg, to get Trump to act.

No? You don't remember Cuomo & Murphy & other Dems rightly saying they want to
be in control? They got it.

You blamed every fart in the wind when Trump was president so now Biden was
elected and you must assign blame for every fart in the wind to him.

Wrong again. I was very specific in pointing out exactly what Trump had done
and why it was wrong. Like refusing to place orders last summer for 200 mil
more doses of vaccine when it was offered. Other countries placed those
orders, so now we won't have it until summer. How many more will die because
of that? Trump should have been impeached for that.

It doesn't matter when it was ordered, the Dem states haven't come up with a
plan; after all this time...

Plan for what exactly? If you're talking about vaccines, the red states haven't
done any better. If you're talking about containing Covid, the Democrat run
states have certainly had plans since last spring. You, Trump, Republicans
have been complaining ever since. Not agreeing with their plan doesn't
mean they don't have one. The latest example of tragic stupidity is the
Republican governor of Iowa lifting the requirement for masks. That's right,
with infections and deaths still above the peak of both the spring and summer,
with new more contagious and deadly variants spreading, that dope lifted
the mask requirement. It's just a freaking mask. Only the new Republican
Party which is still the cult of Trump is that stupid.

With the vaccines, nothing was preventing Trump from developing a website that
all states could use to register for the vaccine. They could have figured out the
best ways to administer it too and recommended that to the states. Instead
Trump lied and denied. He lied that the military was going to be delivering and
administering the vaccine. Remember last spring, when Trump lied about
Google having 2500 engineers working on a website to direct people to get
a Covid test? Google said, WTF? We didn't say that. Trump called them liars.
Obviously it was Trump lying again, there never was a website. Trump likes
to take credit for developing the vaccines, but it was Congress that gave him
$2 tril and the authority to use it. So he placed some orders and gave some of
it to some of the companies developing the vaccines. Maybe I missed something,
but that's all I see that he did. BTW, were are the other lines to make more
vaccine? A competent president would have had a plan to get enough vaccine
so that all Americans could be vaccinated in maybe 4 months. Then back out
from that what needs to be done to get any one of the 6 vaccines into volume
production to meet that. We just got very lucky that 3 companies did a fantastic
job and they got lucky too, that it worked. We could have been stuck with just
one vaccine and no production lines to make enough. Trump was so incompetent
that when offered more vaccine last summer, he refused to place the orders.
He should rot in hell just for that. How many lives will that cost? It's on order
now, arriving late summer, because the rest of the world bought it instead.
Israel, something like two thirds of the population is already vaccinated.

The Dems wanted control, they got it and in the
immutable style blew it and now blame others. They wanted ventilators, they
wanted beds and they got them. What happened in typical Dem style is it all
went to waste.

It didn't all go to waste, some of it was used. What would you have done?
Nothing? No one could predict where the infections, hospitalizations,
and deaths would peak. The governors demanding federal help were doing
their jobs, being prepared. Their hospitals were out of beds, out of ventilators.
They were already starting to use field hospitals in Central Park. That is precisely
what the FEMA emergency gear is for.