Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

In article ,
says...
Moderately sore arm, some swelling of the arm on days two and three.
Third day I felt a little fatigued or off, maybe, but not that bad. CDC has
been checking in with me everyday via text to follow up and record. By day 4
all was back to normal.

Just talked to a friend of mine who has a brother who is in his 70s, a vet
The VA hospital in NJ announced they were taking people, first come, first
served starting at 9AM. He got there ten to 9, 850 people ahead of him
in 30 deg weather, standing outside, not much distancing. He was there
until 1PM, they ran out of vaccine, no shot for him. He did get a card and
they said they would call him within a week.

Compare that to the private sector. On Thanksgiving Day a few years ago,
Target was having a super deal on lots of things, I needed a TV, they had
a 55 inch for $250, which was less than half of what they were selling for
back then. So I got there three hours ahead of time to get in line. I was
about the tenth person. Maybe half hour before opening Target employees
showed up, they came outside, went down the line asking what you wanted
to buy, they handed you a card that guaranteed you'd get it. How hard is
that? No need to rush, storm the place, wait there for nothing if there
were not enough. 25 TVs, 25 cards. But the VA is incapable of doing that
with elderly, sick vets, let them stand there outside in the cold for hours for nothing.

The county I live in has about 140,000 people . Just asuming that only
5 % or about 7,000 are over the age of 70 for the shots. The first two
times it was a mess. It was first come first served. People waited for
hours and the shots ran out as only about 500 shots were on hand.

I have to say the county learned and went to an on line sign up with 30
minute time slots . I got on and got the wife and I an appointment. We
showed up about 20 minutes ahead of time. There was no one in line at
the entrance. A man had a list of people and checked us in and told us
where to go . It was in a large parking lot of a mall that was mostly
shut down as the major stores had left about 5 years ago. We were
handed forms to fill out and when we had finished , they were ready to
give us our shots. They were in a large tent we drove through. Had it
not been for the time to fill out the paper work and wait 15 minutes
after the shot, we would have been in and out in less time than it takes
to go to a fast food drive in. Hats off to the workers at that place.

Both the wife and I felt fine that day, but the next day we both had
temperatures that would go from normal to about 101 deg for a day and
felt bad. After that it took another day to get back to normal. A
friend's wife was ok on her first shot , but the 2nd one affected her
about like our first one.