Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 11 Feb 2021 20:56:25 +0000, Bod
wrote:

On 11/02/2021 20:50, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 7:40:43 AM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
On 10/02/2021 13:28, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 8:17:08 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 10/02/2021 13:13, Bod wrote:
On 10/02/2021 13:10, Bod wrote:
On 10/02/2021 12:52, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 6:37:54 AM UTC-5, Republican
Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Got lucky, just got the call from the county health dept, which
is one of the places I registered. Good thing I pursued many
avenues, I registered at about 8 places.
Vaccines are useless in some states. Here in Michigan, Governor
Cruella de Vil says you still have to wear a mask and social distance.

That doesn't make the mask useless, stupid.

And if a conservative Republican tries to board a plane at DTW
without a mask, TSA will write you a $1500 ticket.

If anyone tries to board a plane without a mask, the same thing happens.
It has nothing to do with being a conservative, just being stupid.

However, if you want to commit election fraud, Michigan's Attorney
General seems to be ignoring that crime.

Funny that 3 months after the election, you stupid liars still
haven't put forth
any evidence of fraud that could have changed the results. Trump
lost by
7 mil votes, by the same margin in the EC college that he won in 2016.
When Trump lost by 3 mil votes last time, he claimed it was a landslide.
This time he loses by 7 mil votes and it's a "stolen election". Why
are you
dummies still following him down the toilet? Do you want Democrats to
rule forever?

I saw a survey recently that said 70% of Americans agree with wearing
a mask. So most folk are sensible.
I'll try and find the link.

Found it:
https://kslnewsradio.com/1938988/mor...-study-shows/?

Interesting fact in that link: The trend splits slightly among party
lines, as Democrats are more likely to report wearing their masks in
public. Roughly 87% of Democrats report wearing their masks every time
they leave their house, compared to just 55% of Republicans.
Seventy-one percent of independents report wearing theirs in public.

Seems that democrats are the more sensible in general.

No surprises there. The Republicans have gone crazy and somehow turned
wearing a mask into another nasty, divisive political crap show. Trump played
a large part in that, by refusing to recommend masks, by mocking them,
by holding maskless, no social distancing death rallies. All that will be there
for future historians. Meanwhile, the stupid governor of Iowa, a Republican.
just lifted the mask requirements there for the state. It's just incredible,
the stupidity and denial. The infection rate is declining which is a good thing,
but it's still above the peak of the summer and we saw what happened when
similar lifting was done back then. And it's just a freaking mask, these dopes
act like it's the worst, most awful thing ever. Again, where the Republicans are
today, there isn't much there that I can support. Seems others agree. I see
where ~10K people left the GOP in January in each of several swing states
like PA and AZ. That's interesting isn't it? While the crazy Republicans still
think the election was stolen, they are losing the next election right now.
There was no evidence of any fraud that could have changed the results.
But ~10K votes is in the range that determined GA and a few more months of
people leaving the party could determine the 2022 races. Also the GOP
have lost the independents, they are fed up with them. But heh, better
to keep follow the orange clown down the toilet.

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.

Yeah, they told me to wait 15mins because I was driving, but I only gave
it 5 :-)
I felt perfectly ok.

Just for the record, that might be reckless of you. Especially since
you're driving a car, a potential weapon.

A friend of mine had a shinglix vaccination and as she and her M.D.
daughter see it, she was fine for a full day, and then getting out of
shower she collapsed to the floor, couldn't get up, had to crawl to her
bedroom to get a phone. I forget how long it was before she was normal
again, maybe a day.

Because of that she's decided not to get the corona vaccine.

I'm sure she'd had lots of other vaccinations before.

I don't know how many if any similarities shinglix and corona have. If
I were in her shoes, I'd just allow 2 days instead of 15 minutes, and
get the corona anyhow, but I don't think I should argue with her or her
MD daughter. I don't think I should say anything. It would just annoy
them, wouldn't change their plans, and if they did change their plans
and even less than what happened the last time happaneed, they'd blame
me.

I didn't mention this before because the antivax wackos will want to say
no one should ever get any vaccination because of this one case, but
maybe they won't say that.

So my point was that if 22 hours is not enough, 5 minutes may well not
be enough. Even 15 might not be, but then at least one can say he
followed the recommendations.

BTW, I had the Oxford(Astra Zenica) version.

Yes, you are British.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

And you don't know if there was any connection to the vaccine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/13/2021 02:19 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:20:02 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:50:12 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.

I understand that they use carbines with vaccine darts to do the
injecting.

I can't remember where I learned that.

Didn't they used to give injections with high pressure "syringes" that
resembled auto body spray guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector

At did at Parris Island in the '60s they were concerned about niceties
like cross contamination. I was at the head of the line and got the plum
job of washing the holders for blood collection tubes in the sink. Very
sterile. When you're expendable you're expendable. The upsode was AIDS
hadn't been invented yet.

They were like GrayCo airless sprayers. fwiw, I knew a maintenance guy
who did manage to inoculate himself with paint using one of those and
lost a couple of fingers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/13/2021 12:26 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes them easier
to control and dominate.

Bipartisan mantra. I spent my grade school years doing periodic drills
where you went out into the hall, crouched down, and kissed your ass
goodbye. It did wonders for home fallout shelter sales. Ike was
President at the time.

Mechanix Illustrated had a nice front cover illustration of someone
suffering from advanced radiation sickness. I think 'Walking Dead' stole
the artwork.

It has never let up throughout my lifetime. There's always some big,
scary thing in the closet that the government will protect you from. I
peeked in the closet once and saw what the big, scary thing was...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:58:20 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/13/2021 12:26 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes them easier
to control and dominate.

Bipartisan mantra. I spent my grade school years doing periodic drills
where you went out into the hall, crouched down, and kissed your ass
goodbye. It did wonders for home fallout shelter sales. Ike was
President at the time.

Mechanix Illustrated had a nice front cover illustration of someone
suffering from advanced radiation sickness. I think 'Walking Dead' stole
the artwork.

It has never let up throughout my lifetime. There's always some big,
scary thing in the closet that the government will protect you from. I
peeked in the closet once and saw what the big, scary thing was...

And now you are not afraid.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:52:05 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Hoffman wrote:

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.

I understand that they use carbines with vaccine darts to do the
injecting.

I can't remember where I learned that.

Didn't they used to give injections with high pressure "syringes" that
resembled auto body spray guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector

At did at Parris Island in the '60s they were concerned about niceties
like cross contamination. I was at the head of the line and got the plum
job of washing the holders for blood collection tubes in the sink. Very
sterile. When you're expendable you're expendable. The upsode was AIDS
hadn't been invented yet.

Troops are always front line "testers", never volunteer, fall back.

They were like GrayCo airless sprayers. fwiw, I knew a maintenance guy
who did manage to inoculate himself with paint using one of those and
lost a couple of fingers.

Yup, chemical injection is a true emergency. Depending on what's injected
outcomes are not good. Hydraulic fluid comes to mind. Can travel by the
circulatory system wreaking havoc.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:52:05 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector

At did at Parris Island in the '60s they were concerned about niceties
like cross contamination. I was at the head of the line and got the plum
job of washing the holders for blood collection tubes in the sink. Very
sterile. When you're expendable you're expendable. The upsode was AIDS
hadn't been invented yet.

They were like GrayCo airless sprayers. fwiw, I knew a maintenance guy
who did manage to inoculate himself with paint using one of those and
lost a couple of fingers.

More typical senile blather by the abnormal senile gossip! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:58:20 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 02/13/2021 12:26 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes them easier
to control and dominate.

Bipartisan mantra. I spent my grade school years doing

Oh, no! Not yet more senile crap!

FLUSH the usual senile crap
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2021 4:32 PM, Bob F wrote:

A friend of mine had a shinglix vaccination and as she and her M.D.
daughter see it, she was fine for a full day, and then getting out of
shower she collapsed to the floor, couldn't get up, had to crawl to her
bedroom to get a phone.Â* I forget how long it was before she was normal
again, maybe a day.

Because of that she's decided not to get the corona vaccine.

I'm sure she'd had lots of other vaccinations before.

I don't know how many if any similarities shinglix and corona have.Â* If
I were in her shoes, I'd just allow 2 days instead of 15 minutes, and
get the corona anyhow, but I don't think I should argue with her or her
MD daughter.Â*Â* I don't think I should say anything.Â* It would just annoy
them, wouldn't change their plans, and if they did change their plans
and even less than what happened the last time happaneed, they'd blame
me.

I didn't mention this before because the antivax wackos will want to say
no one should ever get any vaccination because of this one case, but
maybe they won't say that.

So my point was that if 22 hours is not enough, 5 minutes may well not
be enough.Â*Â* Even 15 might not be, but then at least one can say he
followed the recommendations.

And you don't know if there was any connection to the vaccine.

Possible though. When I got my first vaccination I was unable to walk
for months after. Embarrassing, but I **** myself for a while after too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 02/13/2021 12:26 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes them easier
to control and dominate.

Bipartisan mantra. I spent my grade school years doing periodic drills
where you went out into the hall, crouched down, and kissed your ass
goodbye. It did wonders for home fallout shelter sales. Ike was
President at the time.

Mechanix Illustrated had a nice front cover illustration of someone
suffering from advanced radiation sickness. I think 'Walking Dead' stole
the artwork.

It has never let up throughout my lifetime. There's always some big,
scary thing in the closet that the government will protect you from. I
peeked in the closet once and saw THAT the big, scary thing was...

.... The government

There I fixed it for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

We are using Pfizer-BioNTech or Oxford-AstraZeneca. You can't choose which.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2021 1:58 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/13/2021 12:26 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes
them easier
to control and dominate.

Bipartisan mantra. I spent my grade school years doing periodic drills
where you went out into the hall, crouched down, and kissed your ass
goodbye. It did wonders for home fallout shelter sales. Ike was
President at the time.

Mechanix Illustrated had a nice front cover illustration of someone
suffering from advanced radiation sickness. I think 'Walking Dead' stole
the artwork.

It has never let up throughout my lifetime. There's always some big,
scary thing in the closet that the government will protect you from. I
peeked in the closet once and saw what the big, scary thing was...

Fear was trumps SOP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/13/2021 03:08 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Yup, chemical injection is a true emergency. Depending on what's injected
outcomes are not good. Hydraulic fluid comes to mind. Can travel by the
circulatory system wreaking havoc.

I managed to put a 1/4" steel rod through my hand sideways and it was
covered with methylene chloride and epoxy. I made sure they knew what
they were dealing with in the ER.

Luckily, it threaded through all the tendons and veins without doing
much damage. I've got a few extra lines on my hand to throw off the palm
readers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which outlets which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash. They you could go there or
some other place. But people are happy to get one invitation and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the vaccine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Where I went, you had to go through a checkpoint. If you didn't have an
appointment you wouldn't get in. I certainly wouldn't go searching
through their rubbish bins (trash) at the back.
Maybe it's different in the US?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Yeah, they have dumpsters, not rubbish bins.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:55:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, they have dumpsters, not rubbish bins.

Nobody talked to you, obnoxious senile troll!

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/21 6:37 AM, taxpayer wrote:
First, Flip-Flop Fauci said we don't need to wear masks.

Then he flipped and said we should wear masks until we flattened the curve.

Then Flipper Fauci said we could stop wearing masks after we got the vaccine.

After we got the vaccine, Flipper Fauci said we should wear two masks.

Now Joe Xiden says we have to wear masks for another year. I thought Xiden said he had a plan?

I saw a picture of the latest illegal caravan coming across the border.

Apparently the illegals are not required to wear masks at all?

If you're still listening to Fauci, you might be an idiot.

-Author Unknown (Jeff Foxworthy?)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which outlets which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash. They you could go there or
some other place. But people are happy to get one invitation and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a mask.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 12:06 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 2/13/2021 1:58 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/13/2021 12:26 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Yes, that is the left wing demo mantra. Scare the people, it makes them easier
to control and dominate.

Bipartisan mantra. I spent my grade school years doing periodic drills where you went out into the hall, crouched down, and kissed your ass goodbye. It did wonders for home fallout shelter sales. Ike was President at the time.

Mechanix Illustrated had a nice front cover illustration of someone suffering from advanced radiation sickness. I think 'Walking Dead' stole the artwork.

It has never let up throughout my lifetime. There's always some big, scary thing in the closet that the government will protect you from. I peeked in the closet once and saw what the big, scary thing was...

Fear was trumps SOP.

So Joe Xiden and his team of censoring "fact-checkers" will be shutting down this fake panicdemic immediately?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 12:45 AM, Bod wrote:
On 14/02/2021 06:17, micky wrote:

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash.Â* They you could go there or
some other place.Â*Â* But people are happy to get one invitation and not

Where I went, you had to go through a checkpoint. If you didn't have an
appointment you wouldn't get in. I certainly wouldn't go searching
through their rubbish bins (trash) at the back.

Maybe it's different in the US?

Most things are DIFFERENT in the US compared to the UK.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 5:27 AM, jimmy wrote:
On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which outlets which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash.Â* They you could go there or
some other place.Â*Â* But people are happy to get one invitation and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a mask.

Apparently ... Those who take it also don't mind being a science
experiment.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which outlets which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash. They you could go there or
some other place. But people are happy to get one invitation and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a mask.

Apparently ... Those who take it also don't mind being a science
experiment.

Beats dying very unpleasantly, stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which outlets
which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash.Â* They you could go there or
some other place.Â*Â* But people are happy to get one invitation and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a mask.

Apparently ...Â* Those who take it also don't mind being a science
experiment.

Beats dying very unpleasantly, stupid.

Everyone is going to die, and most believe dying will be unpleasant.
Most people don't die from covid.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
Didn't know you use two.

We can't choose here either and they tend not to say which outlets
which
use which.

But I have feeling one could finesse it.

Just send someone to a clinic and see what's lying around, boxes,
bottles, wrappers, and whose name they have on it. check the cardboard
boxes by the back door, part of the trash. They you could go there or
some other place. But people are happy to get one invitation and not
likely to wait for a pssible 2nd even if they could pick the vaccine.

It's not really a vaccine, it's more of a genetic modification shot.

Apparently it doesn't work either since you still have to wear a mask.

Apparently ... Those who take it also don't mind being a science
experiment.

Beats dying very unpleasantly, stupid.

Everyone is going to die,

But most prefer to live longer than shorter.

and most believe dying will be unpleasant.

Hardly ever is it as unpleasant as dying of the
virus and I for one plan to pull the plug when
I have decided that I'm not interested in having
someone feed me and wipe my arse etc when
I cant do that basic stuff for myself.

Most people don't die from covid.

Irrelevant to the fact that millions
of fools like you have world wide.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/13/2021 03:02 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

Wary of people who want to protect me. I'll handle that myself, thank you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 12:17:10 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

And now you are not afraid.

Wary of people who want to protect me. I'll handle that myself, thank you.

Yeah, you are one of the coolest gossips out there! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

So, how many have actually died from covid? How many died of co-morbidies?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Muggles wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Muggles wrote
jimmy wrote
[...]

Like I said, millions.

How many died of co-morbidies?

A few but nothing like millions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 2:17:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:27:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...
You're just confused and wrong again. Trump had 9 months to work on
a rational, uniform system for the country. Remember in spring when he
held that news conference and told the whopping lies about Google having
2500 engineers working on a website? A website that all Americans
could access and that would direct them to a Covid testing facility,
where anyone that wanted a test could get one? All a total fabrication,
it was immediately denied by Google. Just imagine if instead he had
actually done something like that, to get a website that all states and
facilities could have used to schedule vaccines. He had 9 months.
Biden has had 3 weeks.

Biden stated both during the election and prior to inauguration that he had a
plan. Like most else he has no plan and gets away with it from media ignorance.

It looks to me like Biden has a plan. For one thing, he placed orders for 200 mil
more doses of vaccine, an order Trump could have placed last summer, but
refused. Over 50 mil vaccines so far, masks required on all public transportation.
Covid relief bill in the works. And it's very refreshing that Biden is doing his job
without an endless **** show and lies. I'm very happy not to have to hear that
Covid is like the flu, to watch a president mock masks, to lie and deny, claiming
that we're rounding the corner, it's going away.....

Also, if your memory goes back that far; the states demanded control and were
given it. Once again gov't (in)action.

I don't recall states demanding control, only Trump refusing to take control,
refusing to have a national plan. I saw governors having to beg, and beg
and beg, to get Trump to act.

You blamed every fart in the wind when Trump was president so now Biden was
elected and you must assign blame for every fart in the wind to him.

Wrong again. I was very specific in pointing out exactly what Trump had done
and why it was wrong. Like refusing to place orders last summer for 200 mil
more doses of vaccine when it was offered. Other countries placed those
orders, so now we won't have it until summer. How many more will die because
of that? Trump should have been impeached for that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I think you're right, not much you can do. I know three people who should get
vaccinated, but won't. One works in a business with 20 employees, open to
the public. He did sign up with the state registry, but twice I tried to point him
to a couple of other places where there is an excellent chance he could get
it much sooner, and he wasn't interested, so IDK where he really is at. Looks
like he doesn't want it. His wife is an anti-vaxer. Another guy is 65+,
morbidly obese, diabetes, high BP, breathing problems. He's worried about
the vac safety, going to wait and see. His neighbor died from Covid. I guess
the plus is it leaves spots open for people like me, so I got it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Former head of CDC was on TV yesterday. Remember South Africa halted using
the AZ vaccine because it's not very effective against the SA variant? I thought
that was odd. This guy explained that there is reason to believe that if you're
vaccinated with the AZ vaccine that it could block the effectiveness of another
vaccine that is effective, eg J&J. He also said that mid summer timeframe
the vaccine manufacturers will probably be switching over to new vaccines
for the new variants, to have them out before the fall. It's all getting more
complicated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Indeed.
BTW, 6 days since my jab and not any side effects at all.
2nd jab is late april.

Did you ge any side effects, trader?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/21 1:17 AM, micky wrote:
[...]

But many do and it is somewhat avoidable so why not avoid it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Moderately sore arm, some swelling of the arm on days two and three.
Third day I felt a little fatigued or off, maybe, but not that bad. CDC has
been checking in with me everyday via text to follow up and record. By day 4
all was back to normal.

Just talked to a friend of mine who has a brother who is in his 70s, a vet
The VA hospital in NJ announced they were taking people, first come, first
served starting at 9AM. He got there ten to 9, 850 people ahead of him
in 30 deg weather, standing outside, not much distancing. He was there
until 1PM, they ran out of vaccine, no shot for him. He did get a card and
they said they would call him within a week.

Compare that to the private sector. On Thanksgiving Day a few years ago,
Target was having a super deal on lots of things, I needed a TV, they had
a 55 inch for $250, which was less than half of what they were selling for
back then. So I got there three hours ahead of time to get in line. I was
about the tenth person. Maybe half hour before opening Target employees
showed up, they came outside, went down the line asking what you wanted
to buy, they handed you a card that guaranteed you'd get it. How hard is
that? No need to rush, storm the place, wait there for nothing if there
were not enough. 25 TVs, 25 cards. But the VA is incapable of doing that
with elderly, sick vets, let them stand there outside in the cold for hours for nothing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Taxpayer wrote:
On 2/9/21 3:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Blimey! so disorganised. I'm surprised.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...
[...]

The county I live in has about 140,000 people . Just asuming that only
5 % or about 7,000 are over the age of 70 for the shots. The first two
times it was a mess. It was first come first served. People waited for
hours and the shots ran out as only about 500 shots were on hand.

I have to say the county learned and went to an on line sign up with 30
minute time slots . I got on and got the wife and I an appointment. We
showed up about 20 minutes ahead of time. There was no one in line at
the entrance. A man had a list of people and checked us in and told us
where to go . It was in a large parking lot of a mall that was mostly
shut down as the major stores had left about 5 years ago. We were
handed forms to fill out and when we had finished , they were ready to
give us our shots. They were in a large tent we drove through. Had it
not been for the time to fill out the paper work and wait 15 minutes
after the shot, we would have been in and out in less time than it takes
to go to a fast food drive in. Hats off to the workers at that place.

Both the wife and I felt fine that day, but the next day we both had
temperatures that would go from normal to about 101 deg for a day and
felt bad. After that it took another day to get back to normal. A
friend's wife was ok on her first shot , but the 2nd one affected her
about like our first one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 18:36:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/13/2021 4:32 PM, Bob F wrote:

[...]

Because you were a cute little baby! I bet you puked on people too..

*What happened to you* You're no longer cute...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:09:26 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/13/2021 03:08 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Yup, chemical injection is a true emergency. Depending on what's injected
outcomes are not good. Hydraulic fluid comes to mind. Can travel by the
circulatory system wreaking havoc.

I managed to put a 1/4" steel rod through my hand sideways and it was
covered with methylene chloride and epoxy. I made sure they knew what
they were dealing with in the ER.

Luckily, it threaded through all the tendons and veins without doing
much damage. I've got a few extra lines on my hand to throw off the palm
readers.

You were lucky. Was it your dominant hand? Nasty stuff, lucky the structures of
your hand were missed.

The palm readers avoid you. No data.

Do you have calus's' on your hand?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 12:17:10 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Good man! With knowledge comes power - power to make decisions for yourself -
not by unelected idiots or ones with an agenda.

--
Tekkie