Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Global Warming at it's best!

On 2/14/2021 8:21 PM, rbowman wrote:

The Earth makes fools of such people.

No people make fools of themselves.Â* 7 billion people digging up things,
burning fuel, tearing out forests,creating pollution can make a
difference.Â* Everything we do is like ****ing in your water well.

Ah, the elephant in the room. Rather than applying BandAids to maintain
something similar to the status quo for a few more years it's time to
thin the herd.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...cade-1950-2050

While the growth rate is slowing somewhat world wide it is increasing in
those parts of the world least likely to bring new solutions to the table.

We don't hear much serious talk about it but yes, we should be stopping
growth. Making babies has been good for the economy. Now that many of
us are on the receiving end of SS and Medicare what happens when the
number of contributors slows considerably? Won't hurt me, but could
hurt our kids.

There are a lot of things most of us never thought about. How long
should the human race as we know it exist? What are you willing to do
to prolong it for another century or hundred centuries? The sea and
land do have limits to how much food they can produce.

We are working on alternatives, but some day we will run out of oil.
so, do we buy a small car that gets 40 mpg over the Luxobarge we really
want that gets 15 mpg?

How about cruise ships? They get inches per gallon of fuel. Should be
keep loading up boats to go party on the ocean or sink them all to
extend the life of oil availability?