Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT: Getting Moderna Vaccine tomorrow

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:52:05 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/13/2021 02:19 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:20:02 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:50:12 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

ps: (out of interest) had my jab yesterday. No ill effects whatsoever.

Ran into a guy I know at Walmart a few minutes ago. He had just gotten
his shot. The only wait was after the shot to see if he had any ill effects.
Nebraska National Guard was assisting.

I understand that they use carbines with vaccine darts to do the
injecting.

I can't remember where I learned that.

Didn't they used to give injections with high pressure "syringes" that
resembled auto body spray guns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector

At did at Parris Island in the '60s they were concerned about niceties
like cross contamination. I was at the head of the line and got the plum
job of washing the holders for blood collection tubes in the sink. Very
sterile. When you're expendable you're expendable. The upsode was AIDS
hadn't been invented yet.

Troops are always front line "testers", never volunteer, fall back.

They were like GrayCo airless sprayers. fwiw, I knew a maintenance guy
who did manage to inoculate himself with paint using one of those and
lost a couple of fingers.

Yup, chemical injection is a true emergency. Depending on what's injected
outcomes are not good. Hydraulic fluid comes to mind. Can travel by the
circulatory system wreaking havoc.

--
Tekkie