Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default American Web Sites

On 13 Feb 2021 at 10:04:44 GMT, "charles" wrote:

In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
In what sense don't they like it? I've never had any trouble creating
accounts, more of an issue is the zip code if you need to put in a
partial address as many do not understand post codes. Brian

I've had that too. Simply - not an accepted email address

Maybe the experts can tell us if it was an actual rule change that led to
domain names of the general form of name.uk as opposed to name.co.uk becoming
available? It sounds as though they gilded the lily a bit on email
credibility checking and are excluding forms that are now permitted. Or were
they always wrong about what was allowed? I seem to remember name.tv being
permitted for a long time. If they had rules about every .xx top level domain
individually they would need to be revising them rather often.

--
Roger Hayter