Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 13/02/2021 00:03, Steve Walker wrote:
On 12/02/2021 22:17, Fred wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
On 11 Feb 2021 at 11:49:28 GMT, Bob Martin
wrote:

On 11 Feb 2021 at 11:33:24, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

The EU has declared war on us hasn't it?
That's how scared they are that other nations will follow us.

It's what you voted for. Own it.

We voted for war with the EU? Funny, I don't recall that being on the
ballot paper.

I take it you don't remember what was on the ballot paper?

Neither do I recall that when British Empire countries gained
independence, that Britain and the rest of the Empire immediately made
trade difficult for the new nations.

It take a true Tory to equate the British Empire with the EU.

But in any case when the BE fell apart so
did free trade between those countries.

Bull**** it did.

Correct. Trade with ex-empire, Commonwealth countries collapsed when we
joined the Common Market/EEC/EC/EU and were stuck with protectionist
tariffs and quotas.

I recall a New Zealand article how we single handedly decimated their
exports. I hope there has been sufficient passage of time for forgiveness
on what we did to their economy.

Fraid not. We still talk about it in Australia too.