Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

On 12/02/2021 22:29, T i m wrote:
On 12 Feb 2021 21:23:48 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 12 Feb 2021 at 21:10:41 GMT, Fredxx wrote:

In article ,
Spike wrote:
On 11/02/2021 13:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/02/2021 11:47, Spike wrote:

snip

Don't forget that that nice, amiable Jean-Claude Juncker, who at the
time was General Secretary and Head of the EU Supreme Soviet, said "If
you leave, we will hurt you".

When did he actually say this? Can you provide a cite?

My recollection is that Juncker was shown making the remark in a TV news
report aired before the 2016 Referendum. I was struck at the time by the
demonstration of the EUSSR's line of thought, and have since been mildly
surprised that there appears little mention of it on the interweb.

To balance things up you might quote some of the more outrageous things
said by Farage and BoJo about the EU and consequences of us leaving? Fat
chance of that.

Why the reply? I also remember some outrageous statements by some
established remainers?

I recall the atmosphere of revenge with us leaving. I was hoping Spike
might have provided some evidence that created this atmosphere.

And I remember the plagues of locusts which would descend upon us if we voted
Leave.

You remember it because you made it up.

Yep, just like the impending Armageddon and economic meltdown your mates
prophesied.

All most of the people who decided to vote remain were concerned about
was that if you open the box it could be full of worms, that and not
having a good reason to risk what they had for something that was a
complete unknown and no real world facts about (in a tangible sense,
not all your idealism stuff).

So out of fear. That's not usually a route to a making a good choice.