Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default OT: Rolls Royce on track to deliver SMR

On 12/02/2021 10:56, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 09:54:39 +0000, GB
wrote:

snip

I was taken with his choice of words: "we believe that nuclear power can
really mushroom".

;-)

And I wonder how many would want one ITBY, even compared with a solar
farm, wind turbine(s) or a biofuel / gas powered station?

Obviously Turnip would be happy with it in his BY ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

We were the first country with large nuclear plant close to urban
centres, with Hartlepool and Heysham. Less harmful than the RTZ smelter
at Avonmouth, which was still operating into the 70's, until medics
started looking at lead levels in children in Shirehampton.