Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Rolls Royce on track to deliver SMR

On 12/02/2021 14:16, Tim Streater wrote:
On 12 Feb 2021 at 10:56:20 GMT, T r o l l wrote:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 09:54:39 +0000, GB
wrote:

snip

I was taken with his choice of words: "we believe that nuclear power can
really mushroom".

;-)

And I wonder how many would want one ITBY, even compared with a solar
farm, wind turbine(s) or a biofuel / gas powered station?

Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together.

Absolutely. We've got ugly as **** windmills and solar farms and a
nuclear power station all within 50 miles and the only one I'd live near
is Sizewell B. Quiet, invisible except from the beach, and safer than
living near a wind turbine

Solar farm - doesn't work much in winter, or at night all year round.
Wind turbine - ****ing noisy if you're near it, doesn't produce much and often
none at all.
Others - no gas to this village.

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell