Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Chopping kindling on hard standing - axe protector?

On 11/02/2021 16:25, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

My search skills, as usual, aren't getting me the results that I want.

Any suggestions and lateral thinking most welcome.

I just use the hard standing and a bomb

vertical thinking...

-&-

Wasn't there some machine thing from Aldi that split logs?

They use screw or hydraulic machines "in the trade", IIRC the Aldi and
other "domestic" machines are considered slow and under-powered.

I havn't tried a bomb; provided you have slices without too many knots I
find a proper splitting axe does the job. (Not a felling axe, which is
what I started with before I knew any better, simply because it was the
only type stocked in my local store).