Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 04:05:15 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Didn't work with my cats. They either misbehaved more in revenge when
they were finally let back in, or just ran away. I've now made them all
run away.

The cat might get ****ed but he also has a good idea of who opens the
cans around here.

I really annoyed mine once, I placed an unopened can of cat food, along with a can opener, in the food bowl. They just sat alternately staring at it then me. I assume they were saying "I'm a stupid idiot with no opposable thumbs, you have to do this for me." Or "I'm too ****ing lazy to go catch the rats that come out of my neighbour's drain." Mind you, they brought dead things to me, presumably assuming that I made those into cat food.

The cat likes it his outdoor time anyway. This morning
was 15 degrees F with a couple of inches of new snow. The cat was racing
around like his ass was on fire. Supposed to be below zero for a couple
of days so I'll see how he likes that.

When you say "like his ass was on fire" do you mean he was enjoying himself or scared ****less? Mine loved snow. The pawprints were fascinating to them. The slightly frozen pond that didn't take his weight, not so much.

I was curious so I searched for what a cat's normal operating
temperature is. 99 - 102, but the site mentioned you could check the
cat's temperature with a rectal thermometer. **** all chance of that
even if I had one.

You'd lose a finger, a hand, an arm, or the thermometer, and the cat would get a high dose of mercury.

I tried taking my own temperature once, both under my armpit and in my mouth (I did not try the anus!) and got a reading of about 30C, not 37C. I've no idea who you're supposed to get body temperature from the armpit or the mouth, clearly those are not body temperature for me.

I figure if the cat is moving it is still alive. I did watch the new
version on 'Pet Sematary' over the weekend, which probably was a mistake.