Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Covid inoculation

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
When will you get it into your prejudiced head that there was nothing
to stop any individual EU country ordering vaccine for itself?

That's not what France, Germany, The Netherlands, and possibly another
EU member were told when they formed a consortium last Spring to make a
bulk purchase. The Commission told the countries concerned not to, and
the health ministers of those countries were ordered by their own
goverments to write grovelling letters of apology to the Commission.

Source of your information? The rights of any EU country drugs wise in an
emergency were well known. Of course if they do agree to make a bulk
purchase, fair enough. And at the time, that could have been a wise
decision.

Odd the way you Brexiteers use hindsight when it suits you too.

--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.