Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Open end & box wrench set over 1 inch

On 02/05/2021 01:46 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
1 I really have an issue with this poster being a shop teacher. If he want to
know the size of his ball valves why does he go measure them? Measure several
because different manufacturers can have different size hexes. I don't know
where one would use a box wrench on plumbing.

All I can think of is tightening the halves of a union on pieces of pipe
prior to screwing them into something else unless you wanted the wrench
to be a permanent part of the assembly. Of course, you'd have to use a
pipe wrench or vise on the pipe itself.

I've got a set of brake line wrenches but I think the biggest they go to
1 1/8.