Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Open end & box wrench set over 1 inch

On 2/5/2021 11:23 AM, alan wrote:

You're using the same logic with these hex sides on plumbing fixtures.
The manufacturer didn't put them there for no reason as you seem to
suggest.

They are there for a hex-sided tool to be used on them.
The fact most of us don't use wrenches is due to their cost.

Which is exactly why I ask this question.
To get the tool for you and for me at the best cost possible.

So that we'll do the job right for once.

Your logic makes a lot of sense, but not so much a good fiscal decision
for the average homeowner. If I can get the job done with a tool I
already own I'm not going to buy a $30 tool for one quick use.

Money aside, if I can get the job done right now it is a benefit over
taking 2 hours to find the right tool and get back to the job.

I own quite a few screwdrivers but once or twice in my life a butter
knife got the job done quickly.