Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: COVID-19 CONVALESCENT PLASMA FOR TREATMENT OF HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS WITH COVID-19

"Muggles" wrote in message ...
On 2/5/2021 9:33 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 10:15:13 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/5/2021 9:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 9:59:24 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
I just heard about this particular treatment a few days ago. It sounds
promising.

That figures, most of the rest of us have known about this since
summer.

It's still winter.

Then you wonder why I say you're the village idiot.

IF you're referring to last summer 2019,

Corse he was.

all sorts of ideas were being tossed around on how to deal with covid.
Masks and distancing seem to be the GO TO method of dealing with it

Thats to stop you catching it, not treating
it after you are infected, stupid.

in the stupid hope that it'll prevent someone from getting sick.

Nothing stupid about it, its why those testing
to see if you are infected wear masks etc when
social distancing isnt possible, stupid.

The problem with THAT approach is there is NO way to actually prevent
anyone from catching a virus.

You can keep repeating that stupid lie till you
are blue in the face if you like, changes nothing.

Vaccination does just that and is how we stamped out
smallpox in the wild are close to doing that with polio too.

EVEN getting vaccines is NO guarantee that individual won't still get
sick.

Vaccination does ensure that almost none of the vaccinated
get sick enough to need hospital treatment, at most they
just get as sick as you do with the common cold and lots
get no sickness at all.

Vaccines are supposed to produce antibodies against the virus that causes
an illness, but that doesn't always work.

Yes, but it does work fine with most people and in fact
does that much better than actually catching the virus.

Infusing people with antibody plasma that is specifically taken from
people who naturally developed antibodies while they recovered from covid
has been under the radar and not exactly a topic of discussion.

Thats bull****. Its been extensively discussed and extensively tested.
Its nowhere near as effective as even the worst vaccines.

Do YOU know anyone who has had covid and donated their antibody plasma to
save someone else?

Irrelevant, what matters is the numbers who have done that.

Do you know anyone who has actually been treated with covid antibody
plasma?

Irrelevant, what matters is the numbers who have done that.

We're all going to catch covid at some point

BULL****.

because you CAN'T hide from viruses.

Corse you can and you can get vaccinated to.

Not everyone will get sick, and some people will get sick enough to need
hospitalization.

Not those who have enough of a clue to get vaccinated.

Seems to me THIS TREATMENT is a major answer

More fool you. Vaccination is a much better answer.

- NOT masks or distancing.

Yep, you actually are that stupid.