Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT. Nebraska Covid Vaccination Timeline

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:40:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 05:56:39 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 2:18:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information.aspx#SectionLink3
There's a timeline about halfway down the page.
It looks like the powers that be hope to have vaccinations completed by October. They hope to
be done with the geezer crowd by about mid May.

But elsewhere I see most officials giving rosier forecasts. And lots of stupidity, eg
Cuomo and deBlasio moving immediately down to 65 and then whining about there
being shortages of vaccine, so they have to close facilities. From what I see, the
bottom line is Biden says they are going to increase the run rate to ~10 mil doses a
week, it's a little less than that now. It takes two, so that's 5 mil people a week.
That would do 70 mil by mid May. To do everyone would take over a year.
J&J will be helping that, but no idea what their capacity is.

I also just read that a study in Israel that looked at 700K people, concluded that after
one dose they were 90% protected. We need to look at that here, if it's valid then we
should do what the UK is doing, forget the second dose, just give the first. Also from
that study, for two weeks after getting the shot, there was no increase in immunity.
The third week it started to rise and achieved it's final value of 90% at the end of
that week, there was no further increase after that.

A shocking thing here is that no one is talking about why we can't produce more.
Why are they not building new lines to make it? Why are we not even hearing
anything about any effort at all? I did hear that in Europe the govts there are
working with Pfizer to get other pharma companies to produce their product.
WTF is going on here?

The only way they are going to be willing to increase their plants is
if they see a continuing market. Nobody is going to set up a factory
for one run of anything.

Then that is the job of the federal govt, to make it happen. Maybe it will
now that we have a president who isn't a lying denier. Trump said it's a war,
he's a war time president, then he surrendered to the virus. Did Roosevelt
say nobody is going to undertake building an atom bomb, so let's not do it?
In fact they create three massive programs to enrich uranium, using
three different methods. Apparently drug companies are setting up factories
for limited runs or we would not have the multiple plants making vaccines right now.
The fundamental problem here is from what I see no one is addressing this
and it should have been addressed starting last spring, have in place the
eqpt, faciliites, personnel, to replicate the successful vaccines into more
production. Trump was too busy lying, denying, holding death rallies.
He was so stupid and incompetent that when Pfizer offered the opportunity
for the govt to buy more in late summer, Trump declined. Biden had to do
it and now we're behind other countries, it won't show up until summer.
How many Americans will die from that stupidity? Trump should have
been impeached for that alone.

Fortunately for the drug companies, I really think this is going to be
an annual thing as new mutations and better vaccines come along. In
that regard, this may be like the flu.

Well, then make up your mind, is it one run or annual?