Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_31_] Muggles[_31_] is offline

Default OT: COVID-19 CONVALESCENT PLASMA FOR TREATMENT OF HOSPITALIZEDPATIENTS WITH COVID-19

On 2/5/2021 9:33 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 10:15:13 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/5/2021 9:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 9:59:24 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
I just heard about this particular treatment a few days ago. It sounds
promising.

That figures, most of the rest of us have known about this since summer.

It's still winter.

--
Maggie

Then you wonder why I say you're the village idiot.

IF you're referring to last summer 2019, all sorts of ideas were being
tossed around on how to deal with covid. Masks and distancing seem to
be the GO TO method of dealing with it in the stupid hope that it'll
prevent someone from getting sick. The problem with THAT approach is
there is NO way to actually prevent anyone from catching a virus.

EVEN getting vaccines is NO guarantee that individual won't still get
sick. Vaccines are supposed to produce antibodies against the virus
that causes an illness, but that doesn't always work.

Infusing people with antibody plasma that is specifically taken from
people who naturally developed antibodies while they recovered from
covid has been under the radar and not exactly a topic of discussion.

Do YOU know anyone who has had covid and donated their antibody plasma
to save someone else? Do you know anyone who has actually been treated
with covid antibody plasma?

We're all going to catch covid at some point because you CAN'T hide from
viruses. Not everyone will get sick, and some people will get sick
enough to need hospitalization.

Seems to me THIS TREATMENT is a major answer - NOT masks or distancing.

--
Maggie