Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Open end & box wrench set over 1 inch

"alan" wrote in message
I always wanted an open end & box wrench set over 1 inch but I couldn't
justify it based on its use in mostly outdoor plumbing where pipe wrenches
and spanners and adjustable wrenches almost always end up working.

I don't think I need metric because I'm in the US where the plumbing is
not metric yet, although all my cars are metric (but over an inch isn't
all that common on metric sizes in cars, is it?).

Not common but it does happen with wheel hub nuts.
I had to buy one for my 66 VW Beetle.

Still it would be nice to have a set of open-end/box wrenches over an
inch.

Makes more sense to buy the ones you need with those bigger ones.

Can an ok set be gotten for a good price (like thirty or so bucks maybe?).
They don't have to be fantastic quality. They just have to be good steel.

And good plating that doesnt peel off.

If you were to buy a set of larger wrenches, what sizes would you get?

The ones that fit the nuts I have.

And where?

Wherever I can find good quality ones cheap.

I buy that stuff from aliexpress now.